Monday, November 10, 2008

A Work In Progress...

Carmine and I moved into our new home on November 1st. The move itself went rather smooth, with the help of our family and friends. We pretty much got it all done in one day and filled the 27 ft. truck we rented. We couldn't have done it without all of those who were there to lend a hand. I had the entire next week off from work to unpack and get the house somewhat livable, which brought our first disaster. The first day I was home (alone) the dishwasher broke and water filled our (finished) basement. Now we have to replace the dishwasher and fix the basement ceiling, and in the meantime I'm back washing dishes by hand. Our furniture was delivered, all but the wall unit (back ordered) and sofa for the basement which didn't fit through the entrance way (thank God for small favors). And right in the midst of all this excitement and madness....OBAMA BECAME OUR NEXT PRESIDENT!!! I couldn't be happier. I hear one of the first things he hopes to do when he enters office is sign off on stem cell research, which could lead to a cure for diabetes. I'm so proud of our country for moving us forward with open minds. I'm so happy for my little brother and my future child and the doors that have been opened for them, now there is nothing they can't do. So, here we are, new house, new president, terrible economy and just about as broke as we've ever been. But still, very, very, happy!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers