Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails it is!

We're having a BOY!!! We were thrilled to see Newby again yesterday, despite the fact that the day didn't go as well as planned. It turns out he's a little smaller then he should be and it is probably due to the fact that I've developed Pregnancy Hypertension (high blood pressure). I am praying that it doesn't lead to Pre-eclampsia, which would have me on bed rest first, and could lead to a very early delivery (only 28 weeks!!!). I'm cutting all salt out of my diet and going to try to mildly exercise a bit more. Although, this really is all related to my diabetes, I can only hope for the best at this point. I go back for another sonogram in 2 weeks, and hopefully he will be bigger, a sign that he's still growing and only fell a little off track. The doctor says he appeared to be the size of 19 weeks despite the fact that I'm 20 weeks along. I said, couldn't that be just a miscalculation of my due date? She said no, because my 12 week sonogram was right on target. It's so hard not to worry but I know that stress certainly won't help things and will only make it worse. Poor Newby, sorry your mom has this awful disease. I pray everyday that you come out ok despite it all. Even though she said he's smaller then he should be, he is proportioned well and still look adorable to us. We can't wait to meet him!!!

Had to go to the hospital for this Sonogram, where unfortunately the pictures were not clear at all! Newby at 20 Weeks:


1 comment:

Courtney Stanz said...

Jeanna - you are absolutely GLOWING and Newby has the blessings of wonderful parents, and lots of prayers from people who already love him. During the scary times, try to remember that we're all in this with you, heart and soul!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers