Monday, June 23, 2008

3rd Annual Tour de Cure!

Team JJ Riders completed our 3rd Annual Tour de Cure on Saturday at the Jersey Shore. The team included myself, Carmine, Chris, Monique, Rose, Sissy, and Rick. It was the first time for Rose, Sissy, and Rick, but we all made it the entire 35 miles and in under 4 hours! Chris (as always) was the first one back, Monique 2nd, and the rest of us all just about together in 3rd. The weather was perfect, the route was (in my opinion) the best yet, and together Team JJ Riders raised around $2,000 (hard to give an exact figure with matching gifts still rolling in) for what is a very important cause for me -- DIABETES. We also had another portion of JJ Riders ride the 60 mile route the weekend before in Princeton, which included Carol and friends. I know that the love of bike riding is a big reason we all do it, but I am touched that my friends and family's love for me is enough to have them riding 35 miles (and this year without training)! Next year, we will train, we will have team t-shirts, and we will be less sore! To all who donated, to all who rode, THANK YOU!




No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers